June 05, 2006

Dry Potato and Green Bell Pepper Sabzi

This is one of the first recipes my ex-roommates and I tried in our cooking adventure when we arrived in the US. It was Arti's favorite and she would make this (and rajma!) whenever she had guests over. The recipe has stayed with me and I still make it. What can I say, I'm hooked.

I have changed it slightly by adding ginger. I do like ginger in the recipe. It adds an extra flavor.

Ingredients:

1 big Green Bell Pepper

2 medium sized Potatoes

2 Red Chillis

1 cube of Ginger (chopped)

½ Tspoon Cumin seeds

½ Tbspoon Coriander Powder

¼ Tbspoon Chilli Powder

¼ Tspoon Turmeric Powder

½ Tbspoon Oil

Salt to taste

Method:

Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and make thick slices. Soak them in warm salty water.

Cut bell pepper in long thin slices.

Heat oil in a skillet, and put in the cumin seeds, red chilli and ginger (in that order).

Add the potatoes and the turmeric, chilli and coriander powder. Cover it and let it cook for 7-8 minutes.

Add in bell pepper pieces. Mix them well with the potatoes. Sprinkle some water just enough to moisten the potatoes.

Add salt and let it cook for another 8-10 minutes on medium low heat.

Serve it hot with chapattis.

(PS: My SD card started giving me disk- full warnings. Hence, only one picture. Will publish full more pictures soon.)

2 comments:

  1. sqrlnt11:41 AM

    your are certainly on a roll:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Urvi. It has been fun so far...

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to Ahaar. We have been cooking and posting recipes for more than 6 years now. I love to hear from you, all your comments and feedback. Please keep it coming. I will also try to answer any questions you have in the comments.

Happy browsing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...