June 01, 2006

Jihva for Strawberries - Crisp Green Salad with Strawberries

Memorial Day was hot and humid. After running errands and being out in the sun the entire day, I was in a mood for something refreshing and cool - like a summer breeze. So for a dinner with my friend Michelle that evening, I decided to make a light, crispy salad with fresh strawberries, my contribution to JFI - for strawberries!

Ingredients: (for 2-3 people)

4 oz Spring mix

4 oz Baby Spinach

1 Cucumber

2 Carrots

8-10 Grape Tomatoes

8-10 Strawberries

8-10 Pistachios

Vinaigrette:

2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice

2 Teaspoons Honey

1 Teaspoon Balsamic vinaigrette

Salt and Pepper to Taste

Method:

Cut the strawberries and marinate it in lemon juice and honey while you build the rest of the salad.

Tear Spring mix and Baby Spinach in bite size pieces and put it in a chilled bowl.

Grate the cucumber and carrots and keep it in seperate bowls.

I like to build my salad in layers with different textures and colors.

Put the greens, then grated carrots, grated cucumber then top it off with grape tomatoes and marinated strawberries.


Put the dressing and pistachios right before eating and toss so everything tastes fresh and crisp.

3 comments:

  1. sqrlnt11:19 PM

    so where the recipe?? I am going to tell Ashish about the blog too.. he had asked me to take down the recipe from you...and of course I forgot.

    congrats on your first comment ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome aboard, wish u all the best with blogging. Looking forward to read more posts from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Archana
    I was just going through your blog yesterday. Your recipes and pictures look amazing. I am soon going to try one of them. :-D

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to Ahaar. We have been cooking and posting recipes for more than 6 years now. I love to hear from you, all your comments and feedback. Please keep it coming. I will also try to answer any questions you have in the comments.

Happy browsing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...