June 22, 2006

Mushroom & Broccoli Pasta

The last week has been super busy. Somehow summer always turns out this way. So I have been looking for healthy, quick recipes to keep me going.
After reading about the goodness of broccoli recently, I wanted to incorporate it in my cooking and am so glad I found a way.

This recipe is from my grocery store and originally had asparagus instead of broccoli. Both taste good in this combination.

Ingredients:

1 pkg Sliced Shiitake Mushrooms (or about 10-12 whole)
1 lb Broccoli (cut in bite size pieces)
2-3 Shallots (chopped)
1 cup Vegetable Broth
1 Lemon (fresh juice and some zest)
1 Tspoon Butter
1 Tspoon Olive Oil
Pasta of your choice (I used angel hair)
Salt and Pepper to tasteMethod:
Heat Olive Oil and butter in a skillet. Add shallots and saute until lightly brown.

Add mushrooms, broccoli, lemon juice and zest. Cook for 4-5 minutes.

Add vegetable broth, salt and pepper and let it simmer for another 5 minutes till it becomes a thick sauce.

In the meantime, heat water in a large pot with some salt and olive oil. Cook pasta till it's done.

Drain pasta and add it to the sauce.

It takes all of 20 minutes and makes a delicious lunch or dinner entree.

This is my entry for this week's 'Curry Mela' at Anthony's Kitchen.

11 comments:

  1. Just stumbled upon ur blog. Very nice. Keep up the good job & all the best to u.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Puspha for visting. Please come often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely recipe..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Anthony for visiting. It is a great recipe and so easy to make! Do visit often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey
    u know what..have you ever tried adding toasted pine nuts on top with some grated greek feta..it's yummy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, that sounds delicious. I have to try it the next time I make this. Thanks Durga.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice and simple recipe. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Archana. This is a quick and healthy meal. I'm glad you liked it. Do keep visitng.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great recipe! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice to see your blog.Surprised to see that you have started the blog at the same time when I strted way back in 2006, but yet we didnt cross path or have we?
    It was rather a small group of bloggers then right? I could recognise many of them in this post, not many are active now.
    You have a collection of many unique and interesting recipes..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Surprisingly good. The lemon made all the difference.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to Ahaar. We have been cooking and posting recipes for more than 6 years now. I love to hear from you, all your comments and feedback. Please keep it coming. I will also try to answer any questions you have in the comments.

Happy browsing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...