July 12, 2006

Pasta Primavera

Primavera means "spring" in Italian and every year as spring comes around, the Italians serve their pastas and lasangnas with fresh herbs and vegetables. Recently I made pasta with fresh vegetables and it was quick, hearty and healthy. Needless to say, lip smacking yummy too.

Earlier when I cooked pasta, I would always put Indian masalas and make it spicy. But, over time, I have come to enjoy the subtle taste of Italian herbs and vegetables cooked in broth or sauce. I still enjoy my desi pasta from time to time.

Ingredients:
2 Zucchini - quatered and cut in small pieces (you can substitute it with any fresh vegetables)
3 medium Carrots - quartered and cut in small pieces
1/4 cup Corn and Peas
2 Shallots - chopped
3 Tomatoes - chopped coarsely
2 Green Chillis - chopped coarsely
1 Garlic - minced
1 tspoon Basil - or fresh chopped finely
Pinch of Rosemary
2 sprigs of Parsley - chopped
1/2 tspoon Lemon Juice
Salt and fresh Ground Pepper - to taste
1 tspoon Olive Oil
Pasta of your choice (I used Linguine)

Method:
Heat Olive Oil in a skillet. Add rosemary and minced garlic.
Saute for a couple of minutes and add parsley, basil and green chillis.
Add the tomatoes and cook over medium heat till the tomatoes become soft.
Add the zucchini, carrots, corn, peas, lemon juice, 1/4 cup water, salt and pepper and cook till the vegetables are done but retain their crunchiness and base becomes a thick sauce.
In the meantime, bring water to boil, with salt and 1/2 tspoon olive oil. Cook till it is al dente.
Mix pasta with the vegetables and sauce.You can garnish it with fresh parsley/basil, eggs or anything else. I garnished it with leftover minced fish mixed in basil and mint sauce.
This is my entry for Kalyn's Kitchen Weekend Herb Blogging.

5 comments:

  1. An italian food lover here..:)
    Sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos. I especially like that one with the bottle and glass in the background. It sounds just delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. RP - Thanks. I cooked pasta with a lot of desi masalas earlier nd am now rediscovering it with italian herbs. It's delicious. :)

    Kalyn- Thank you for visiting my blog. The pasta was yummy and went really well with red wine. I'm all for trying the new recipes for pasta.
    Do keep visiting.

    Mandira

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Archana
    Thank you for the encouragement. You are a wonderful photographer yourself. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to Ahaar. We have been cooking and posting recipes for more than 6 years now. I love to hear from you, all your comments and feedback. Please keep it coming. I will also try to answer any questions you have in the comments.

Happy browsing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...