When our classmates complained that they never saw us on Sundays, we would give each other a look that said "your secret is safe with me". This was complete pleasure.
I recently bought pompano- closest to pomfret- from my local grocery store and made my own pomfret fry.
1 pomfret - cleaned
1 garlic clove - paste
1 small cube ginger - paste
1 green chilli - sliced thinly
1/4 tspoon turmeric
1/4 tspoon lemon juice
1/4 tspoon pan searing flour- white pepper and sea salt
1 tspoon semolina or cream of wheat
2 tbspoon oil
salt to taste
- Make side slits in the fish.
- Mix all the masalas, ginger and garlic paste and rub it on the fish.
- Marinate the fish for 2-3 hours.
- For cooking, heat oil, cover the fish with pan searing flour and semolina and fry for about 15-20 min.
- Garnish the crisy fish with cilantro, tomatoes, cucumber and serve.