January 06, 2007

My Kitchen

This is a great little project I thought, when I read about the event at Ilva's Lucullian Delights and decided to do a tour of my kitchen too. Since this is a old house (I live on the upper apartment), kitchen would be the first place you will walk into. If you were see my home, kitchen would be the first thing you'll see :)

This is where most of the action happens. You can see the spice rack, oil container, sea salt and pepper grinders (peppers need refilling). The stove with kettle and coffee machine is in the background. The window is right above, so on a sunny morning, this is where I like to be.

Can you see I have made changes to the spice jars to suit the Indian spices? Marjoram has turmeric and Dill Weed had cumin seeds written on the caps:)


This is right opposite to the stove. You can see my dal jars, some recipe books. Recipe notes and printouts are in the wooden box. I picked up the pictures at a street fair in Cambridge, MA and they have traveled with me since then. Below the pictures is a glass table which holds a small electric grill and a toaster. The wooden door opens my pantry. Let's leave it closed for now (it's too messy inside).


In the cabinets above the microwave is where the plates, bowls, glassware, dessert dishes are stacked and the cabinets below hold the pots and pans. And finally, on the right side of the refrigerator is where the doors are - one which leads out and another which leads you inside - to the dining table.

Hope you enjoyed the tour. Shall we have a cup of hot chai? :)

31 comments:

  1. How lovely your kitchen is!! it's very light and airy looking. Thanks for showing us that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Inadvertantly left a question mark after my last sentence. No question about it--glad you showed us that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute kitchen clean Mandira!Now I know where all yoummies are made!:))
    Btw,did you see mine?;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mandira,

    You have a very nice and efficient kitchen. It was a gr8 tour. How about some Chai Shai now ?? :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 2007! That's a pretty cool kitchen ,now,I do have an idea from where all your goodies come from..:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love your kitchen... and all the jar and little pictures! Me too, love this project as it brings us closer :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! Your kitchen looks really cosy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi mandira
    Happy New Year to u too. Thanx for visiting my blog. Nice kitchen. I liked all of them, the way you have presented your kitchen. Nice touch and creative.
    cheers
    rajani

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely kitchen Mandira, and thanks for the tour. It is always a pleasure to see where the creations are created!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey mandira

    cosy and very cute kitchen .would love to work in such a clean kitchen :)

    chai please:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice tour! I also did the sam ething with my spice rack.. emptied and put indian spices. Chai vai ke saath kuch garam nahin hai?

    ReplyDelete
  12. that's a cute kitchen ! thanks for sharing these pics

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely kitchen Mandira with beautiful green of the plants

    ReplyDelete
  14. Coffee3:08 AM

    Coffee for me instead of chai please ;) :P

    Lovely tour Mandira :)

    www.mykhazanaofrecipes.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful kitchen mandira... tidy n neat...just the way i like it:)
    happy new yr to u n ur family girl...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for showing your kitchen, its nicely decorated too...

    Nidhi.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely kitchen you have, Mandira! Like your decorating too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi everyone, I am delighted that you took the tour of my kitchen.
    It's small and airy and I like to spend time in the kitchen.
    I want to add is a small table and a couple of chairs but don't have the space for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like to peek in others kitchen. :) Enjoyed seeing yours too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mandira, A nice cosy place to cook up your great creations!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your kitchen looks so nice and homey. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How cute! Love those jars in blue and the Indian Coffee pot on top..(?) or is it something else?

    Cheers,Trupti

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey thanks For sharing a view of your cute kitchen .I just loved it.Really a nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  24. RP, Meeta, Kristen, Trupti, Soumya - Thanks for taking the tour and for such lovely comments. I enjoyed sharing the space with all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your spice jars.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for sharing Mandira

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a sweet kitchen! Nice light in it, too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'll take a glass of sweet tea~ Thanks for sharing your bright and sunny space.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Kalyn - thanks. I picked them from an estate sale.

    Anjali - thanks.

    Sally - thanks. Yes, I love the morning light in the kitchen. It's my favorite place in the mornings :)

    Sandi - thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Pritya8:41 AM

    hey Mandira, Your kitchen is like one I’ve never seen before: bright, warm and inviting!!! Your spice shelf looks very neat and organized. Is green your favourite colour? Or is it the obvious choice since you appear to be an avid gardener? The green backdrop and subtitles are very pleasant on the eye!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Pritya - thanks, you're very sweet. The kitchen is very spacious and gets a lot of light during the day. I never thought of green as my favorite color although I have to admit I have a lot of green around me :) I like gardening but I'll admit I have lots to learn.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to Ahaar. We have been cooking and posting recipes for more than 6 years now. I love to hear from you, all your comments and feedback. Please keep it coming. I will also try to answer any questions you have in the comments.

Happy browsing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...