May 03, 2007

Simple Spring Salad

It has been unintended blogging break, but I am back! Did I tell you the weather is getting warmer here? I had planted some seeds end of March in the pots on the porch. It turned cold after that and nothing sprouted. Soon, I forgot all about it. This week, when I was out on the porch, I saw tiny saplings in those pots. Now I don't remember what seeds were in which pots. Guess I just have to wait and watch:)

Along with gorgeous weather, the Farmers market's will be open in Buffalo soon. I love the fresh local ingredients we can use all through the summer.

Here is a simple spring salad with fresh greens and fresh raspberries that captures the spirit of the Farmers market.

Ingredients:
1 cup baby spinach
1 cup red radish leaves
1 green apple
1/4 cup toasted walnuts and cashews
1/4 cup chopped carrots

Dressing:
2 tbspoon balsamic vinegar
1 tbspoon lemon juice
pinch of honey
pinch of olive oil
handful of raspberries

Chop the green apples in long slices and mix all the ingredients together.
For the dressing, mix all the ingredients together. You can either crush the raspberries in the dressing. I just let them soak the dressing and sprinkle them right before serving.
This is going to Monthly Mingle #10 Spring is in the air hosted by lovely Meeta at What's for Lunch, Honey.

21 comments:

  1. thats very healthy inviting spring

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pic speaks volumes about the taste - the raspberries add a nice bit of colour and texture, too, am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so beautiful--the raspberries are glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks absolutely beautiful. salads with fresh fruits. wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! I planted some herbs and had the same problem - can't remember which is which now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks awesome!!!!! Loved the idea of raspberries in the salad!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. simply beautiful...yep spring is surely here...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Walnuts and Apples!I am sold!!:)

    Looks delicious.Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a nice, simple salad.

    I can so relate to our recounted events about planting the seeds and later not remembering what they are :) Be sure to let us know later when you find out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. spring is in the air...

    ReplyDelete
  11. What is it about raspberry and vinegar that are so great together? A delicate and beautiful arrangement. Now I will have to try radish greens; I've never had them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thats realy spring........Looks beautiful and fresh..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Frsh..light and springy :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Trupti2:06 PM

    I love this variation on the Waldorf Salad...I add celery along with the greens....and leave out the mayo.
    glad its getting warmer there...no such luck here..

    trupti

    ReplyDelete
  15. Salad looks delicious Mandira -- I love the raspberries in there, yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Spring and Salad and Green. Looks gooood

    ReplyDelete
  17. it looks beautiful.love this kinda healthy dishes.
    thanks for sharing...
    -Pooja

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you everyone. The salad was nice and spring with a perfect combination of sweet taste of the apples, the tartness of the raspberries, the tangy lemon juice and the fresh greens. We enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The salad looks so colourful...spring is definitely here...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mandira! I love the combination of this salad. Simple? This is no simple salad, but one with a gorgeous explosion of flavors. Thanks for entering it to the MM!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sunita - thanks.

    Meeta - thank you. It was an explosion of flavors. I'm even growing my own greens and am sure to make it soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to Ahaar. We have been cooking and posting recipes for more than 6 years now. I love to hear from you, all your comments and feedback. Please keep it coming. I will also try to answer any questions you have in the comments.

Happy browsing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...