November 25, 2007

Back!

You haven't heard from me in the last few days because I wasn't cooking all that much. The lingering cough that started a few weeks ago developed rapidly into bronchitis and I had my first taste of major illness and ER in the US.

It was also the first time I was going to a University Hospital instead of a clinic. And when the resident walked in, I couldn't stop comparing him to characters in Grey's Anatomy. Actually that is what we called him - Bailey!

My food consisted of various dal soups which Aswin cooked for me and oats. That is all I could eat. But now that the antibiotics course is over, my taste buds are longing for more.

Inspite of all this, I did enjoy Thanksgiving at a friend's place. They made Salvadorian Turkey, Corn Tamales, cabbage side and we took Green Bean Casserole, Mashed potatoes, Pecan Pie and Carrot Halwa. It was lovely.

So watch out this space, many delicious recipes are coming up... and thank you so much for checking in :)

21 comments:

  1. Oh dear :( Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery, dear Mandira!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care mandira :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are alright now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mandira!!
    Hope you are feeling better now!!
    take care sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh dear... hope u r feeling much better now. take care mandira.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish you a speedy recovery Mandira, I disappered too for 4 days!:D
    Glad you were able to enjoy Turkey day!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mandira, glad to hear you are on the way to recovery. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy to hear that you are feeling better.
    My hubby too is having bronchitis, he is home from last thursday and is in leave this whole week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear you were ill my sweet! Sending you a huge get well bear hug and look ofrward to seeing you back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear you've been sick Mandira! Glad things are looking up, you rest and get better now, hear! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh dear....very sorry to hear that. Hope you are feeling better now. Take good care and start blogging

    ReplyDelete
  12. sorry....before I could finish the comment I published it.
    What I meant was...Take care and start blogging when you are completely alright.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Get well soon...and let Ashwin take care of you for few more days

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you are feeling better, Mandira. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hope u feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mandira..take care and get better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad that you are feeling better now. Take care, plenty of rest and comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Mandira, hope that you are feeling better now! take good care!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mandira, do take care....wish you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you everyone for your wishes. I am beginning to feel better!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to Ahaar. We have been cooking and posting recipes for more than 9 years now. We love to hear from you -- your comments and feedback. Please keep it coming.
Happy browsing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...