Check Chez Pim early Monday morning to see all the prizes and get more details about how you can participate. And check out Kalyn's Kitchen for all the prizes offered by the Midwest bloggers.
And the site for donation - First Giving, that Pim set up is secure and safe and accepts major credit cards. I donated using the site last year and it was easy and quick. Like Indira so aptly said: Cynicism is fine but compassion rocks!
I am offering two prizes this year.
UC 08 - Facsimile Copy of only known of cookbook by the first African American published in the 19th century.
Limited edition facsimile of this historic cookbook authored by an African-American in 1866 is now available. This is a full color reproduction of the only known copy of Domestic Cook Book by Malinda Russell, edited by Jan Longone. It includes recipes for a delicate rose cake, elegant catfish fricassee and sweet onion custard among others.
Read about the book and Jan Longone's search for Malinda Russell here.
UC09 - Guide to good Parmesan by Ari Weinzweig
Founder of Zingermans (regularly voted as one of the best food organizations in the
More about Zingermans here.
Here's How to Participate in A Menu for Hope-4
1. Choose a prize or prizes of your choice from our Menu for Hope at Chez Pim. (Check the morning of December 10 to see all the prizes.)
2. Go to the donation site at First Giving and make a donation.
3. Please specify which prize you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form. You must write in how many tickets per prize, and use the prize code. (Each $10 you donate will buy one raffle ticket toward any prize.For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 and 3 tickets for EU02. Please write 2xEU01, 3xEU02.)
4. If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
5. Please check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we could contact you in case you win.Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
Check back on Chez Pim on Wednesday Jaunary 9 for the results of the raffle.