July 27, 2008

A-2 Farmer's Market #5

The Farmer's Market is in full swing now, as you may have seen from the previous posts. I did go to the Saturday Farmer's Market a couple more times with my parents, but forgot to click pictures of the veggies later on.

So this time, I had my camera ready as soon I came home. Now a days I pick up the week's veggies from there along with some delicious berries and fruits. I even saw some fresh tart apples in a couple of vendors tables.

aa#5

This week I picked up fresh tomatoes, potatoes, onions, zucchini, cucumbers, radish, cabbage, green peppers along with Traverse City Cherries, and fresh blueberries.

The cherries were devoured in a few hours and I have kept the blueberries aside for homemade preserve. I made aloo zucchini sabzi with the zucchini.

The tomato plants are also doing well, and there are small tomatoes ripening fast in the sun :) I may be able to make it to your event Bee!

1 comment:

  1. Been eyeing this perpetual display of loot on your blog :). Wonderfully refershing series, Mandira! The look and feel (and subsequent gastronomic contentment) courtesy fresh produce is always amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to Ahaar. We have been cooking and posting recipes for more than 6 years now. I love to hear from you, all your comments and feedback. Please keep it coming. I will also try to answer any questions you have in the comments.

Happy browsing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...