November 24, 2008

Mixed Lentil Fritters

lentil-2

My mother and mother-in-law went back so this past week was very busy. After coming back from the airport, the house was quiet and we were not in a mood to cook. Plus, the fridge was kind of empty and it's cold outside.

I will start cooking soon, actually I have to plan for Thanksgiving. But for now, I am posting this mixed lentil fritters that my mom made on a cold day as a side for lunch and it was delicious. It was light filled with cilantro flavor, had a chilli kick that hits at the base of the throat and went well with kichuri :)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Chola dal
1/2 cup Masoor Dal
1/2 cup Mong Dal
2 green chillies - sliced thinly
1/2 tspoon ginger - grated
1/4 cup cilantro sliced
1/2 tspoon red chilli powder
salt to taste
2 tbspoon oil

lentil-1

Method:
Soak all lentils for 30 minutes and then grind it with the spices to a smooth paste. Add the cilantro and green chillies.

Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the fritters till they are golden brown, turn it around and cook the other side.

lentil-3

Serve it warm as side or with some chutney.

These plate of lentil fritters are going to Suganya at Tasty Palettes who is hosting Vegan Ventures Round 2 and for My Legume Love Affair Fifth Helping being hosted by Briciole.

20 comments:

  1. quite like masala vadai. if you have an ableskiever (appam) pan, use it. you will get more crisp surface area for the same tiny amount of oil. i will use masoor dal next time i make these. the pics are very enticing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling after parents leave! Even though I was kind of relieved to get my life back, it was sad coming back to the quiet house everyday! Happy Thanksgiving to you, are you going to make a big feast?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious and comforting for cold weather. When my sis left after a month we were also a bit down forfew days.
    Have fun cooking for thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so delicious! I would try this out some time!
    This blog template is very suitable for ur bright pics:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh! Khichuri ar daler bora! Darun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. With little oil these fritters should be very healthy and nice combo of dhals...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fritters look perfect. With the green chillies and cilantro a very refreshing taste I bet. Mandira what is Chola dal? Same as Channa dal?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks perfect for the winter season here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love daaler bora. just like that, or i love mine with dal & hot rice.

    Hothat monay holo... " daler bora (or was it taaler bora?) kheye nondo nachite lagilo." :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. This batter is like 'adai' batter. If there is left-over adai batter, we usually fry them into fritters called 'kunukku'. Fritters with a cuppa south Indian filter coffee reminds me of rainy evenings :). Thanks, Mandira.

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks beautiful Mandira! does chola dal mean chana dal? I want to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want it now.. :)
    We add little of chopped onions to this.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks great and delicious.
    Thanda Khob PorecheKI?
    ekhane to ekhono oto ta pori ni..
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your fritters certainly look delicious. Thanks for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look hearty and yummy. Perfect comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely! I made something similar but with mashed cooked dal and then baked.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I make somthing similar too, but with masoor dal only...looks yummy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello ...I am relatively new to blogosphere.... and I am loving every moment of it.... thanks to wonderfully informative blogs like yours...I dare to experiment in my kitchen... adding you in my blog list...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lokesh12:36 AM

    We tried this today, it came out well. I made Bananna and mango and milk dip for my kids just to mask the spice.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These shallow fried fritters look lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to Ahaar. We have been cooking and posting recipes for more than 6 years now. I love to hear from you, all your comments and feedback. Please keep it coming. I will also try to answer any questions you have in the comments.

Happy browsing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...