July 13, 2009

A-2 Farmer's Market #13


Like my previous Farmer's Market posts, I can show you a picture of the radishes, cabbage, cherries and chicken I picked up this past weekend. Instead, let me tell you about my new discovery!

I noticed a new vendor- Pilar's Tamales - with a big queue outside her store. Tamales? We were intrigued. So, we stood in line and picked up a couple to go. It came with small salad pickled in apple cider vinegar and fresh salsa.

Aswin picked spinach and feta tamale, which also had banana peppers and whole olives. And I picked up chicken tamale with had potato and cheese filling. With a fresh salad, it was scrumptious lunch!


  1. Congratulations on the move... Lovely click...

  2. this is looking yummy!!
    I must see for this now in my local farmers market!

  3. Hmmm m hungry now!!

  4. Hi'
    Ist tme here..u have a wonderful space....pics re vry attractive!tnx for sharing...

  5. Hi Mandira -- I'm growing some banana peppers this year but I don't have any fruit on yet. I always wanted to learn to make tamales. Somehow haven't gotten that far yet :)

    Your lunch looks divine!


Hello and welcome to Ahaar. We have been cooking and posting recipes for more than a decade now. We love to hear from you -- your comments and feedback. Please keep it coming.
Happy browsing.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...