July 20, 2009

Honey & Mango Frozen Yogurt

yogurt1

A month back I received an e-mail from Kristina at Stonyfield Yogurt's launch of Oikos. I have used Stonyfield yogurt for a while now, but was excited to try some of their new Greek yogurt. Soon, I got coupons for the Oikos Organic Greek Yogurt (along with a nice yellow bag.)

After the move, I picked up the coupons and went to the local grocery store. I was happy to see that it is readily available in stores, unlike Fage which we get at Trader Joe's. I picked up couple of plain and a couple of honey-flavored Oikos.

Before trying Oikos, I have used Fage greek yogurt and Oikos tasted similar - creamy, delicious, smooth. The only difference I found is Oikos has less calories without cutting on taste. From the website: oikosorganic.com
"called “yiaourti” in Greece, Greek yogurt is creamier than regular yogurt. Authentic Greek yogurt like ours owes its extra creaminess to a centuries-old straining process that removes the whey (liquid) from the yogurt.

I liked the plain flavors and we used it in raita, and a bunch of various dishes. But I couldn't wait to try the honey yogurt. I had fresh mangoes in the fridge and decided to make frozen yogurt. I tried it two ways.

yogurt3

The first one, I chopped mango into small pieces and Aswin didn't like the texture too much. I also didn't add much honey, so decided to make another batch, this time with pureed mango, more honey and result was stunning. The mild notes of mango, and honey brought out the slight tartness of the yogurt and made it a unique flavor.

Ingredients:
1 Oikos honey yogurt
2 slices of mango
3-4 tbspoon honey

Method:
Puree the mango and then mix it with the yogurt and honey. Once it's mixed well, it was ready to be chilled. Since I don't own a ice-cream maker, I did the David Lebovitz way - chilling it for 45 minutes and then mixing it, whisking it and putting it back in the chiller. I did that a few times and froze it overnight.

The yogurt is ready.

yogurt2

Serve when it's not melting.:) I forgot to serve after I took it out, and then rushed around to click a picture before it all melted away. Soon after the picture, the yogurt was gone in no time :)

24 comments:

  1. Honey and mango sounds wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks creamy and delicious

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg!!
    That looks so yummyyyyyy!!
    Will make it tomorrow for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also got those coupons and prompty forgot about them. Love the mango honey yogurt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good and easy Mandira! But the mango season is almost over here ... will have to wait for next year to make this. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a yummy dessert..lovely color

    ReplyDelete
  7. The click looks absolutely yummy. Though I don't like flavoured yogurt much, but your photo is so appealing , I wanna taste it. The recipe is very easy and quick, so that's a second reason to try this out. Thanks for sharing Mandira.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats a delighful combination. Must try

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mandira...gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous...love anything with mangoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow... sounds too good...looks soo delicius and yummyy... first time here.. you have a lovely blog.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Yogurt looks simply delicious!Thanks for visiting me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is summer heaven:-) I loved the Oikos too! & made frozen yogurt with it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks wonderful...nice and creamy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pics making me to lick the screen.........tooo yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy....

    ReplyDelete
  15. my first time here...frozen yogurt?mango? two of my favourite things...irresistible!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I must say I am not too fond of mango, but that frozen yogurt looks delectable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. awesome clicks! the second one is so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks so yum... I tried the same with peaches too, tasted very good...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks heavenly and with mangoes looks awesome. Just the right way to beat this summer heat.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely color. Great way to use the yoghurt.

    ReplyDelete
  21. i scream quietly when i see this. i love mangoes as the most edible tropical fruit that i am looking for first time in the tropical countries :) would love enjoy it with yogurt... oh i can believe the taste!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Honey & mango what a combination..yogurt looks delicious. Lovely photos

    Trupti
    Fashion Deals For Less
    Recipe Center

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have the gift of making everything, but especially your desserts looks so fantastic that one wishes the screen can morph into the real thing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have a nice blog with variety of recipes.keep it up. You can visit my blog view my recipes and give ur comments.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to Ahaar. We have been cooking and posting recipes for more than a decade now. We love to hear from you -- your comments and feedback. Please keep it coming.
Happy browsing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...