July 15, 2009

My first friday morning@SELMA

Mandira and I had heard of Friday mornings@SELMA, a "local foods breakfast salon" here in Ann Arbor, but never had a chance to visit. Last week, thanks to a couple of friends - one of whom was the guest chef for the day - I had a chance to be part of a truly remarkable community working towards re-connecting our bodies and lives to regionally produced food. And SELMA - Soule-Eberwhite-Liberty-Madison-Affiliation - is much more:



So Friday mornings often involve breakfast, which at times attracts over a 100 people. It's all volunteer run and the food, needless to say, is delicious! The chef for the morning was Olivia who runs the blog From the Kitchen of Olivia. Here are a few pictures.

Selma1
Breakfast Menu


Selma2
My Breakfast

2 comments:

  1. Hey this is really great!
    Must have been a nice feeling to visit such nice place with friends. Nice neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting this! I'm trying to round up pictures to make a post of my own. Glad you enjoyed the breakfast! Please come back soon! I'm cooking again August 21st!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to Ahaar. We have been cooking and posting recipes for more than 6 years now. I love to hear from you, all your comments and feedback. Please keep it coming. I will also try to answer any questions you have in the comments.

Happy browsing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...