November 18, 2009

Mulor Ghanto (Dry Radish Mix)

mulorghonto2

This is a easy to make. It came about when I told my parents that I had picked some fresh radishes from the Farmer's market. They suggested that I try making mulo'r ghanto and even gave me the recipe. I didn't know it was so quick and easy.

Mostly the prep time is for grating the radishes. After that it comes together quickly. It is a great accompaniment with some hot rice and dal.

Ingredients: (serves 2-4)
2-3 radishes (grated)
2 green chillies
1 dry red chilli
1/2 tspoon cumin seeds
1/2 tspoon nigella seeds
1/2 tspoon turmeric powder
1/2 tspoon coriander powder
pinch of sugar
1 tbspoon oil
salt to taste

Method:
Heat oil in a pan and temper it with cumin seeds, nigella seeds, dry red chilli, green chilli.

Then add in the grated radish, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt and sugar and let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Then add in 1/2 cup water if you need to and let it cook for another 6-7 minutes closed lid till the radish is cooked and the water disappears.

mulorghonto1

Serve warm with rice.

15 comments:

  1. that's really new and looks yummy!! I often make salad of grated radish but never tried this.

    This would go perfectly with hot roti.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice one,looks lovely mandira...

    ReplyDelete
  3. nigella, cumin & coriander is a killer combo..

    ReplyDelete
  4. My food proce does the grating- I do make radish curry this one is different and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually chop up the radish and just fry it. This sounds wonderful Mandira .. especially the grating part. Much better than picking up piece by piece. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mandira, I also made the same last year you can check my version here

    http://ahomemakersdiary.blogspot.com/2009/10/mulor-ghanto-dry-raddish-curry.html

    love this dish and the colour is very bright.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is something I WILL try! I'm looking for things to do with radish apart from sambar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. haven't cooked this in years! a lot of memories attached with it. lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey Mandira! Has it been ages since i came over here? feels like it anyway! I got some fresh radishes yesterday from the market and guess what i see here? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,
    First time here......
    Dry Radish looks lovely .
    Wonderful clicks......

    Check my space when u find time

    with luv,
    ArunaManikandan
    http://ensamayalkuripugal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mandira,
    mulor ghanto looks so good :)...
    hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mandira,
    I just temper the radish with mustard seeds, but this one is new, so thanks a lot for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mandira, how've you been? I love simple recipes like this- looks lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I often make this dish using shredded cabbage...

    Dry radish mix sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to Ahaar. We have been cooking and posting recipes for more than 6 years now. I love to hear from you, all your comments and feedback. Please keep it coming. I will also try to answer any questions you have in the comments.

Happy browsing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...