November 04, 2009

Roasted Butternut Squash

baked-squash2

Do you have days when you want something just simple and hearty? I was in that mood this week. When we were at the Farmer's Market this weekend we picked up some butternut squash and I decided to roast it with maple syrup and chilli powder.

It was so good - sweet, meaty, salty and hot- all at the same time. The best part, it's simple to make and is a satisfying meal. We had ours as a first course followed by chicken curry and rotis. Yummy.

Ingredients:
1 butternut squash - cut in rounds
1 tbspoon maple syrup
1/4 tspoon red chilli powder
1/4 tspoon coriander powder
1/4 tspoon fresh black pepper
1 1/2 tbspoon olive oil
salt to taste

Method:
Mix all the spices with oil and syrup and coat it over the butternut squash pieces.

Preheat the oven to 350 deg F. Roast the squash for 40-50 min till the squash is cooked and tender.

baked-squash1

Serve warm.

15 comments:

  1. Most of the weekdays I want something simple and light like that. The squash got all the taste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the slightly charred flavour that grill or roast gives to the squash ( I make it with pumpkin). Maple syrup and coriander powder together sound interesting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a delicious and prefectly roasted butternut squash, awesome clicks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely recipe. I just finished my butternut squash. Love the grilled flavor and that too with maple syrup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems yellow is yellow is in every blog this fall. The squash looks so juicy and succulent. Loved the combination of the spices you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never tried Butternut squash this way, looks wonderful. Bookmarked

    ReplyDelete
  7. i cant imagine anything being simpler or tastier! Good one...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Most of the weekdays I want something simple and light like that..
    awesome clicks
    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete
  9. Most of the days I crave for something simple and hearty. Loved the idea of roasted squash.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Cham, Sharmila, Priya, Soma, Sudeshana, Sandeepa, HCOF, RC . It was a simple recipe not lacking in taste. Let me know how it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh that squash looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mandira
    I tried the squash today, it really turned out great. D wouldn't believe when I said I am just roasting it and then he ate the most ;-) But mine didn't look as glam as yours :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mandira,

    This post and the previous are really fabulous for fall! The squash with that combo of maple syrup and savory spices sounds so inviting -- and apple dal -- well I never would have thought of it but I can imagine how good it would be with a nice tart granny smith :)

    You're lucky to have your farmer's market still -- around here they closed up shop in Oct.

    Lovely pics, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome click, lovely piece...looks very delectable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks really good and nutritious too! Nice!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to Ahaar. We have been cooking and posting recipes for more than 6 years now. I love to hear from you, all your comments and feedback. Please keep it coming. I will also try to answer any questions you have in the comments.

Happy browsing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...