March 16, 2010

Baked Salmon with Wasabi


Time sure flies. Feels like just yesterday when I posted about the break. Ameya is turning two months tomorrow. He is smiling, cooing and beginning to move his hands around (not very coordinated yet!).

Slowly but surely we are getting into a routine as we figure out schedules, time to cook, eat, and catch zzzs. While we are enjoying delicious home-cooked meals, thanks to my MIL, I am constantly looking for quick fix recipes that I can make as well.

I stumbled upon this just by going through the jars sitting in the refrigerator. The flavor and sweetness of honey when combined with the sharpness of wasabi brought out a unique taste of the salmon. I cut thin slices of onions and baked the fish with it on top, broiling it for the last 2 minutes for the nice brown look. The salmon turned out great.

Here is the recipe.

2 salmon fillets
1/2 tspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/2 tspoon ginger garlic paste
1 tspoon honey
less than 1/4 tspoon wasabi (adjust it acc to taste)
1/2 onion - thin slices
salt to taste
1 tbspoon olive oil

Preheat the oven to 350 deg C. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and marinate the fish for 30-40 minutes.

Place the onion slices on top of the fillets and cook the fish for about 18-20 minutes and then cook it on broil for a minute or so.


Serve with salad or roasted vegetables.


  1. Time does fly, doesn't it? I like this recipe! Baked salmon is a favourite in our family.

  2. GOod to hear how Ameya is doing, deliocus salmon, i al sure gonna try this once.

  3. Good to see you back Mandira and hear about Ameya

    Salmon with wasabi sounds like a fantastic option

  4. Mandira,
    Sure everyone is so excited with Ameya ..hope you manage to catch some sleep :) and that is much needed also , tai na !! and these baked salmon looks delicious..amaar sis ero kicho din agey meyen hoyeche ..oke niye sobhai bhison excited lol..
    hugs and smiles

  5. Great to know that you and baby are doing well Mandira! This baked salmon sounds so simple and yet so flavourful. :-)

  6. Wow Mandira, two months already? Give him loads of cuddles. He'll grow so quick. Well done for getting yourself back in the kitchen so quickly!!

  7. Ameya is already 2 months old.. time flies!

    Wasabi & Fish does sound like a lot of good in it. Loving it.

  8. Already two months? Gosh it is like yest! That is a way to kick up a notch :) Do u eat such heat after delivery?

  9. It must be so exciting watching him growing and noting all the little things he is learning to do.

  10. Awwww, I love babies! The salmon sounds soooo amazing! I love salmon cooked with honey, and I love wasabi... It's so perfect :)

  11. Thank you Everyone for your warm wishes. Sometimes I wish I had more time in the day :)

    Jaya - congratulations! sobai ke anek bhalobasha.

    Cham - oh no, this was not right after the delivery. It's been two months :) the first few weeks were pretty bland food.

  12. Gosh, this looks heavenly! Baked salmon is good alone, what more with a bit of hot spice in it! not really been around with wasabi-dishes but I would love to try this one out, thanks for sharing!

  13. When I had my costa rica vacationI also had some baked Salmons, but I think the ones that you have here looks better. I wish I would have the time to taste them.

  14. Baked Salmon <3 Yuuum! Great job :)

  15. I love Salmon! This is really new recipe. thanks


Hello and welcome to Ahaar. We have been cooking and posting recipes for more than a decade now. We love to hear from you -- your comments and feedback. Please keep it coming.
Happy browsing.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...