August 24, 2010

Sprouted moong stirfry

sprouted moong stirfry

When I come back home after work, it's hard to cook for the night from scratch. That's because I want to feed the little one, spend time with him, take him out for a walk etc. So it helps if things are half done and that's one of the reasons I like this recipe so much. Not to mention that it is a healthy side with either chapati or rice.

I can get the sprouted moong ready the night before. Then it's quick to make this delicious and easy recipe.

Here's how to do it:

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups sprouted moong
1 medium onion - chopped
1 medium tomato - chopped
1 tspoon grated ginger
1/4 tspoon turmeric powder
1/2 tspoon cumin seeds
1/2 tspoon cumin seed powder
2 green chillies - slit
1 tbspoon chopped cilantro
salt to taste
1 tbspoon oil
1/2 cup water

Method:
Wash and clean the sprouted moong. Heat the oil in a pan and temper it with cumin seeds and green chillies. Then add the ginger, onion and saute for a few minutes till the onions turn soft, but not brown. Then add the tomatoes and let it cook till the tomatoes turn soft.

Add the sprouted moong, cumin powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Add about 1/4 -water and let it cook till moong is cooked. It shouldn't turn mushy though. Add more water if needed.

sprouted moong stirfry

Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with a wedge of lemon.

13 comments:

  1. i like the spices you have added to this stir fry. makes it chat pata :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sprouted moong stirfry looks really delicious ...lovely clicks too

    Satya
    http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So agree wit u Mandira...I too like sprouts, for it is not only easy to toss but healthy too.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely delicious looking. We've been experimenting with sprouted grains and legumes in our home lately and I was shocked to learn how easy it is to sprout mung/moong beans. Thank you for sharing!

    Dan
    Casual Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one healthy way to have mong dal and that too so quick Mandira.
    hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. really spicy and yummy moong stir fry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First time here....loved your space....lovely and healthy dish...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do this in the MW, even with non-sprouted ones.
    You are right on about having things ready before hand

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is exactly how I make it too N I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked your blog very much.Mung fry looks yummy and tempting and its very healthy. I appreciate for your wonderful presentation.
    You are welcome in my blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delicious and quick - with that distinctive golden glow only turmeric can offer.

    Hope everyone's well, Mandira, and enjoying a good summer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's great how basic, traditional dishes can come to one's rescue! Moong usal is one of my favorites, too--I like eating a bowl of chilled leftover usal with a dollop of curd the next day for an evening snack. Great pictures as usual, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've just given me a great idea to trial with my little one! Hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to Ahaar. We have been cooking and posting recipes for more than 6 years now. I love to hear from you, all your comments and feedback. Please keep it coming. I will also try to answer any questions you have in the comments.

Happy browsing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...