November 03, 2010

Fried Butterfish - two ways

butterfish fry

We've entered the winter season, and I know it from the cold, ear infection, cold, cough and many more rounds of the same in our family. The other way I know is I am starting to crave more fried food, and especially if it is a fresh fish, nothing makes me happier.

We found butterfish at Monahan's (we have found great variety and wonderfully fresh fish here) and picked up a few not knowing what I was going to do with it.

I ended up frying it a couple of times with different marinades. Don't ask me to choose one cause I won't be able to. Each one gave it a distinctive taste and nothing spells comfort like a fried fish on a rainy day.

Ingredients:
Fish Fry -1
With Soy Sauce marinade
3-4 fish
2 tbspoon soy sauce
1 tspoon rice wine vinegar
1 tspoon chopped garlic
1/2 tspoon siricha sauce
1/2 tspoon turmeric powder
3-4 tbspoon oil
Salt to taste

butterfish fry

Fish Fry -2

With ginger, garlic paste, cilantro and green chillies stuffed (the fish soaked in all the flavors from the stuffing)
3-4 fish
1 tspoon ginger grated
1 tspoon garlic
2 green chillies - chopped
small bunch cilantro (you can replace it with your favorite herb) - chopped
1/2 tspoon turmeric powder
1/2 tspoon chilli powder
4-5 tbspoon oil
Salt to taste

Method:
After letting the fish marinade for 1-2 hours, heat oil in a shallow nonstick pan and fry the fish 4-5 min on each side or till done.

butterfish fry

Serve warm either as a starter or with garam garam dal bhaath!

4 comments:

  1. how good and terrific is that!! I love love love having fish that way. Sure sure sure to make it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy! I need to go to Hoowa and buy butterfish stat! BTW, artery clogging, but mom adds wet ground coconut to the stuffing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mouthwatering fried fish, very tempting..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Diwali to all of you Mandira!

    Very scrumptious fish... Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to Ahaar. We have been cooking and posting recipes for more than 6 years now. I love to hear from you, all your comments and feedback. Please keep it coming. I will also try to answer any questions you have in the comments.

Happy browsing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...