October 18, 2011

Aloo Gobhi parathas

The weather is changing, we're changing our wardrobe, putting things away from the summer. And in the midst of all this, I've lost my camera. There I've said it aloud! It's been a little more than a month, I kept thinking we've misplaced it somewhere, but I haven't found it. The possibilities of it being in a closet or a drawer is becoming slimmer and slimmer, unless Little A has a stash hiding in his special corner somewhere in the house!

I've resorted to taking pictures with my iPhone till I get a new camera, and all the pics for this post was taken by it. Not too bad, what do you think?

I made this aloo gobi paratha recently, and it turned out quite well. Little A had a special small one which he ate with raita. I'm going to try making more of these. What other vegetable can I use? Do tell.

So to make it easier, I boiled the potatoes and grated the cauliflower and mixed it together with the dough to help rolling out and it helped. I didn't use any extra water and the parathas were soft.

Ingredients:

2.5 cups Whole wheat flour
2-3 medium potatoes - boiled
1/2 caulifower grated (run in it the mixer once)
1/2 tspoon coriander powder
1/2 tspoon cumin powder
1/2 tspoon red chilli powder
1 tspoon salt (adjust as needed)
10 tbspoon oil
pinch of freshly ground pepper

Method:
paratha3
Boil the potatoes and mix it well with the grated cauliflower, coriander and cumin powder and the pepper.

paratha2
Take the dough, add the salt, chilli powder, a tspoon of oil and mix it with the potato and cauliflower mix. You can do it the other way too, putting the filling in the middle and rolling it out. But mixing it together is easier and helps me in rolling out the parathas. Keep it aside for about 30 minutes or so.



Divide the dough in equal parts and then make balls. Roll out the in circular parathas, use some flour dusting if it sticks, but not too much.

paratha4


Heat a hot griddle or pan, cook both sides, put a tspoon of oil and cook till the brown spots appear.

paratha5

Serve hot with raita, pickle or sugar :)

5 comments:

  1. Nice comb,..perfect with curd,.even I am clicking pics by iPhone these days,...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this parathas anytime simply with some lemon pickles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum with some achar and curd.

    So it indeed is a possibility, A hiding away the camera in his stash :) It really is difficult taking pictures when they are around, most of the recipes I want to blog about, I have no pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snaps gulo bhaloi Mandira but I do hope lil A has hidden your camera away and you haven't actually lost it. :-)
    The parathas look great ... winter eshe porlo .. ebare parathe banano jaabe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mandira,
    Porotha and raita/doi amaar o priyo..aro kicho din jaag..LIL A onek kicho lokiye rakhbe jeta tumra bodhaye koyek bochor por paabe ba O nijeyi eshe tumader bole jaabe kinto onek ta time porey..well kids specially boys are like that..they keep forgetting their things, right?
    and pics to bhalo hoyeche..Shobho Bijoya, though late ..hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to Ahaar. We have been cooking and posting recipes for more than 6 years now. I love to hear from you, all your comments and feedback. Please keep it coming. I will also try to answer any questions you have in the comments.

Happy browsing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...