July 26, 2012

Moistest Banana Bread Ever

Banana Bread

It has been so hot lately that every week for the last couple of months I inevitably have some bananas that become over ripe and squishy. We either end up with either a smoothie for the next day, or they go in the fridge for making banana bread over the weekend. I have experimented with a few different proportions and now I think I have a keeper.

Just simple ingredients, whatever I had at home and you can choose what you want to put in this too - maybe some raisins or nuts, or some chocolate bits.

Getting little pieces of bananas is an added surprise. I am sure you will also love it as much as I did.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups multi-grain flour (this is what I had at home, you can use plain flour or even whole wheat flour)
2 ripe bananas roughly mushed
1/3 cup super soft butter
3/4 cup sugar (I used brown sugar and ended up with a darker bread)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 1/2 tbspoon heaped whipped cream
1 tspoon vanilla
1/4 cup blueberries
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 tspoon baking soda
1/4 tspoon salt

Banana Bread
 
Method:
Lil A was taking his afternoon nap when I made this, so no mixer was used. Instead I roughly mixed it all together (not even stirring very much) and it turned out great.

Preheat the over to 350deg F and butter and flour the bread pan and keep it aside.

In the roughly mushed bananas, mix in the super soft butter. Then add in the egg and vanilla. Now add the sugar and mix it nicely but gently.

In another plate, sieve the flour and add the salt and baking soda. Add the flour in the banana mixture slowly, little bit at a time. Now add the whipped cream, walnuts and blueberries to the mixture. Mix it all gently and then pour it in the bread pan.

Thump the bread pan down a couple of time to get rid of the extra bubbles and put it in the oven for 45-50 min till the toothpick comes out clean.

Banana Bread
Slice and serve. Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That really does look moist. I think almost everyone enjoys a good banana bread. It seems there are always overripe bananas on hand. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to Ahaar. We have been cooking and posting recipes for more than a decade now. We love to hear from you -- your comments and feedback. Please keep it coming.
Happy browsing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...