August 31, 2013

Watermelon Lemonade for the summer is finally here!

Watermelon lemonade

The last two weeks of heat and I believe the summer is finally here. It is hot, humid, the fans are running non stop and a part of me is constantly looking for something cool to drink.

Even Lil A comes and asks "Are you really, really thirsty?" waiting for me to say yes, so he can say "so am I." He will then go on to have a glass of water with me. Even Tiny M will see his sippy cup with water and start saying "de de (give, give)".

So a couple of days ago, I was making lemonade to go with evening dinner. I got the ingredients together - sugar, lemons and then my eyes rested on the mini watermelon that has been sitting on the counter for good 4-5 days. I hit upon the idea of watermelon lemonade and  quickly got to work.

I pureed the watermelon till I had a puree almost like juice. I didn't sieve it, but you could and them mix it with the lemonade.

The result was something unique and delicious. Lil A liked and drank his cup quickly. The little one got a few sips and I even froze little bit for popsicles which were met with "oohs and aahs" the next day.

Ingredients:
1/2 mini watermelon
2 fresh lemons
1/4 cup sugar
3-4 cups water
tiny bit ginger for adults

Method:
Chop the watermelon and puree it with the ginger and water till most of the lumps are gone. In a bowl make a sugar and lemon syrup with 1/2 cup water till the sugar dissolves.

Watermelon lemonade
Mix the lemon and sugar syrup with the watermelon puree. Add some ice and serve cold.

Enjoy the Labor Day weekend.

3 comments:

  1. SUCH A COOL REFRESHINGLY RED SIP,LOVELY FOOD CLICKS :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very refreshing and my favourite lemonade..

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and so clever! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to Ahaar. We have been cooking and posting recipes for more than 6 years now. I love to hear from you, all your comments and feedback. Please keep it coming. I will also try to answer any questions you have in the comments.

Happy browsing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...