November 27, 2013

Roasting brussel sprouts with mustard paste for Thanksgiving

Roasted brussel sprouts

Have you ever bought something on a whim? A couple of months ago, I saw someone talking about  Food Huggers on Facebook and on a whim I went to kickstarter and supported them. Then I forgot about it. Just last week, the new set arrived. I am quite excited to use them and will report back on how well it works.

And they make excellent toys to distract a 1-yr-old while I chop and prep for cooking as well.

What are you making this Thanksgiving?

I love brussel sprouts and usually roast them for a quick side. Every time I roast them, I use a different spice mix. I think I may have found a good combination in the mustard paste, garlic and lemon juice combination I used this time.

If you are still thinking about a side for Thanksgiving, give this a try.

Roasted brussel sprouts
Ingredients:
good bunch of brussel sprouts
1 tbpoon of mustard paste (I used the bengali kasundi which is quite pungent)
3-4 garlic  - minced
1 tbspoon lemon juice
salt to taste
1/2 tspoon fresh ground pepper

Method:
Heat the oven to 350 deg F.

Cut the brussel sprouts. In a bowl, mix the mustard paste, lemon juice, garlic with salt and pepper and mix it generously with the brussel sprouts.

Set it aside for 30 minutes.
Roasted brussel sprouts
Roast the brussel sprouts for 18-20 min till they are done.

Serve warm.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!


8 comments:

  1. Brussel sprouts with mustard paste looks so tasty. It's been a long time since I made brussel sprouts ...

    I'm making dosas with coconut chutney , and Pista burfi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kumudha, I love pista burfi, I hope you will share the recipe soon.

      Delete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving Mandira.

    Roasted brussel sprouts with mustard sounds like a great combo. My aunt had used it in a biryani and it was quite good and I sometime use them in sambhar also tastes good.

    I am making Chicken Kulambu for a potluck Thanksgiving dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Indo, hope you had a good break. The biryani sounds intriguing. Even the sambar sounds good. :)

      Delete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving. I must say one of the veggies i keep away is sprouts, though these days i di make them for my FIL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you make them for your FIL Finla?

      Delete

Hello and welcome to Ahaar. We have been cooking and posting recipes for more than 6 years now. I love to hear from you, all your comments and feedback. Please keep it coming. I will also try to answer any questions you have in the comments.

Happy browsing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...